Radboud University confidential advisors

Students or staff members who feel unsafe while they are studying or working, or have been involved in a dispute or have been exposed to undesirable behaviour, or who are concerned about scientific integrity can contact a confidential adviser. A confidential advisor will listen to what you have to say and will discuss the ways in which the situation can be resolved.

This video gives a clear idea of the role that is fulfilled by the confidential advisor. Please note that this video does not provide an interpretation of how the team of confidential advisors is organised within Radboud University, but simply serves to clarify the general role of the confidential advisor.

There are different confidential advisors who deal with different issues. If you would like to know who you should contact about your situation, please consult the infographic first. 

Confidential advisor for undesirable behaviour

If you have been exposed to undesirable behaviour, such as bullying, gossip, aggression, sexually transgressive behaviour or power abuse, you can contact a confidential advisor for undesirable behaviour.

  • If you are a student, you can contact a confidential student advisor for undesirable behaviour.
  • If you are a staff member or PhD candidate, you can contact a confidential advisor for undesirable behaviour for staff members or PhD candidates. 

See also: Social safety at Radboud University

Confidential advisor for scientific integrity

Violations of scientific integrity include the manipulation or misinterpretation of research results, the falsification of data, bias or dependence in contract research, plagiarism or violation of copyright, or other forms of scientific misconduct. 

If you suspect that one of these forms of misconduct has been carried out, please contact Prof. Didi Braat, Confidential Advisor for Scientific Integrity. She can be reached on vertrouwenspersonen [at] ru.nl.

See also: Scientific integrity

Confidential advisor for whistle-blowers

The confidential advisor for whistle-blowers and the Whistle-blower Regulations are there for anyone who wishes to report an activity that may harm the university. This may involve a criminal offence, an infringement of the regulations or misleading an accountant. Or it may concern a threat to public health, public safety or the environment. The university could also be exposed to a serious risk due to the exchange of information, or the omission or withholding of information. 

Prof. Theo Camps is the external confidential advisor within the framework of the Whistle-blower Regulations. You can contact him if you suspect a wrongdoing and you consequently require information, advice or support. Theo Camps can be reached on vertrouwenspersonen [at] ru.nl.

Labour disputes and other circumstances

If you are feeling frustrated or discouraged at work, this could be due to a previous or imminent labour dispute. Such a dispute could pertain to the nature of your work, working relationships, working conditions or terms of employment. A labour dispute may either arise between individual colleagues or between a staff member and supervisor. If you have any doubts, please contact us at vertrouwenspersonen [at] ru.nl.

If you are dealing with a different set of circumstances and you are not sure whether you should contact a confidential advisor about your query or complaint, please do contact us. Our team will be happy to discuss the matter with you.

Marieke van der Burgh


If you have a query or complaint, please send an email to our help desk via vertrouwenspersonen [at] ru.nl. Our team of confidential advisors will be happy to talk to you and put you in touch with the right confidential advisor, which will be any one of the confidential advisors listed below. Your query or complaint will be handled with the utmost confidentiality. 

This website is still under construction. More information: 'a new website'.