Social worker

Our social workers can help international students with challenges and problems you may encounter when adjusting to a new environment, culture and phase in your life.

When do you consult the social worker?

Make an appointment with a social worker if you, among other things:

  • experience difficulties building a network in the Netherlands;
  • feel lonely or can’t point your finger on a specific problem yet;
  • have trouble applying or registering with Dutch organisations and the information about the organisations is insufficient;
  • are looking for social and medical support in Nijmegen and you are unfamiliar with the local possibilities.
Social worker Hatice Tokgoez

Making an appointment 

You can get in touch with the social workers by referral of a study advisor, student psychologist or student counsellor.


For more information, please contact the Central Student Desk. The Central Student Desk is available on weekdays via centralstudentdesk [at] or (024) 361 23 45. 

Contact department