Collected Works of Titus Brandsma
During the preparations for the canonization of Titus Brandsma, Dr. Elisabeth Hense T.OCarm., associate professor for spiritual theology at Radboud University Nijmegen, realized that the works of this extraordinary Carmelite and former professor of Radboud University had not yet been published in English.
In consultation with involved parties she drew up a plan for an English-language edition of the collected works in seven volumes. Both, the International Order of the Carmelites as well as Radboud University welcomed this plan as they likewise wish to make the works of Titus Brandsma known worldwide.
Many texts included in the collected works of Titus Brandsma have never been published before, not even in Dutch. Dr. Hense is providing the English edition together with her co-editor Joseph Chalmers. All texts are introduced, annotated and placed in context. This project receives funding from Radboud University and the International Order of Carmelites.
Elisabeth Hense is an Associate Professor of Spirituality at the Radboud University Faculty of Theology. As a theologian, she researches Carmelite, Dutch and Rhineland mysticism, theories of spiritualities and mysticism, and socially engaged forms of spirituality.
firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0)243616017.
- Christoph Hübenthal (Radboud University)
- Rob Faesen (KU Leuven / University of Antwerp)
- Jos Huls (Dutch Carmelite Order)
- Edeltraud Klueting (Carmelite Research Institute, Germany)
- Patrick Mullins (Carmelite Institute of Britain and Ireland)
- Michael Plattig (Institutum Carmelitanum)
- Rossano Zas Friz De Col (Pontifica Università Gregoriana)
These volumes are being published or in preperation of publishing: