The University Chaplaincy is a place where students and staff can meet, meditate, take part in discussions or join in worship. The chaplaincy works from an ecumenical Christian perspective, but welcomes people from all different backgrounds and cultures, whether you are religious or not.
The Chaplaincy hosts a number of different activities:
- Meet and Eat, 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month during term time; informal meeting, meal, activities for Dutch and international students and staff. Costs of meal: € 2,50; registration before 12 noon.
- Catholic Eucharist in English, Sundays at 5 p.m.
- Ecumenical church services in Dutch, Sundays during term time at 11 a.m.
- Taizé prayers, Wednesdays during term time at 12.45 - 1.15 p.m.
- Lunchmeditation, Mondays during term time at 12.45 - 1.15 p.m.
- Medition courses
- Individual contact with one of the pastors to discuss any personal questions or problems
- Possibility to join activities such as Pink Lunch for LGBTQ+ students, meals or pilgrimages.
All activities (except meals) are free of charge for students.
A Chapel and a Quiet Room for meditation, prayer and rest are available at the Centre, as well as a Muslim Prayer Room. Information about other churches as well as mosques, synagogues, and Buddhist, Hindu and Baha’i organisations in Nijmegen is also available.
Muslim Prayer Room, Mescid
For Muslim students and staff, there is a prayer room with washing facilities available on campus, separate for men and women. This room is situated in the building of the Student Chaplaincy at the address, Erasmuslaan 9A. The prayer room’s opening hours are the same as those of the Chaplaincy.
6525 GE Nijmegen
Opening hours: Mondays to Thursdays from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Fridays 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.