BSc - MSc internships & literature theses
The research of the Department of Environmental Science focuses on four themes:
1. Biodiversity assessment: focuses on the responses of species and ecosystems to various anthropogenic pressures and changes in the environment;
2. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment (HERA): focuses on the emission, fate, accumulation and toxicity of chemicals;
3. Life Cycle Assessment (LCA): estimates the impacts of production and consumption on human health and biodiversity through various changes in the environment, including climate change, eutrophication, acidification, chemical pollution and land use changes.
4. Sustainability Transition Assessment (STA) relates to sustainability transitions in the industrial and energy sectors>
Our department offers a variety of internship possibilities for Bachelor and Master students in all four themes. In general, the duration of an internship is 2 months for Bachelor students and 6 to 9 months for Master students, depending on the Master program.
Students also have the possibility to do an internship at an external company or university, which will be co-supervised by staff members of our department.
Besides carrying out an internship students have the possibility to write a thesis at the department of Environmental Science.
Please contact Steef Hanssen (email@example.com) if you have any questions regarding an internship or thesis.
Last update: 30 May 2023
Rules and guidelines for an internship at our department
- To prepare for a traineeship you can download the checklist (pdf, 27 kB) (in Dutch)
- Student guide for a Bachelor traineeship (ministage) (in Dutch) (pdf, 166 kB)
- Download the Rules and guidelines for a Research traineeship (pdf, 131 kB)
- Download the Rules and guidelines for a Job-oriented traineeship (pdf, 26 kB)