Fellows and their terms of employment

Before you come to the Netherlands, either the Radboud Excellence Hospitality Officer or your HR officer will request you to fill in certain forms and provide the information needed to draw up your contract.

For the two years in Nijmegen, we will offer you a contract as Radboud Excellence fellow, with wages in salary scale 10 or 11 of the salary structure in the Collective Labour Agreement. For Radboud University employees this is the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities; for Radboudumc employees this is the Cao University Medical Centres. Your salary will be determined depending on your seniority. As a Radboud employee, you will receive a holiday allowance of 8% of your gross salary and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of your gross salary.

Your HR officer will draw up a contract and inform you about all the details concerning your employment.

Read more on Radboud University’s Terms of employment and salary scales
Read more on Radboudumc's Terms and conditions of employment

30% tax ruling

In the Netherlands there is a favorable tax ruling that might apply to you. If 1) you used to be based more than 150 km from the Dutch border for a long enough period, 2) Radboud employs you because of a specific expertise (which applies to all Radboud Excellence researchers), and 3) you haven’t worked in the Netherlands for at least 16 months previously, we will ask the Dutch tax authority’s permission to have the 30% tax ruling apply to you.

This ruling means that the first 30% of your income will be exempt from tax. The other 70% will be taxed in the usual way, which means it can still have a tax-free base of a certain percentage. If you come under this ruling, your income after tax will be higher than when you fall under the usual Dutch tax rules. Your HR officer will check whether this ruling applies to you.

Read more on the 30% ruling