Professors and their finances

A visiting Radboud Excellence professor will keep their position at their home university, while Radboud University or Radboudumc will draw up a so-called ‘Contract for Services’. This contract will mention your allowance and the research you will be performing during your time in Nijmegen. It will not make you a Radboud employee.

As a Radboud Excellence professor you will be awarded a fixed amount gross per month, for every full month you will be working at Radboud full-time. This includes the Radboud Excellence ‘prize’ as well as an allowance for rent, cost of living etc.

These amounts are before tax (gross); depending on your circumstances, you may need to pay taxes in your home country. Also, in some cases, you will need to pay taxes in the Netherlands. These will be deducted from the pre-tax monthly amount. Before your arrival we will draw up a contract and determine in which country you are subject to taxation with respect to what you are paid for your professorship.

When you don’t stay a full month or work part-time, your prize and allowance will be recalculated pro rata.