Faculty of Arts
Zoek in de site...

Working while studying

This section is for international students who are registered in a full-time Bachelor`s or Master`s programme at the Faculty of Arts and exchange students who would like to work in the Netherlands during their studies.

Working while studying

EU/EEA countries and Switzerland
If you are from the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Japan you are free to work without restrictions.

Non-EU/EEA countries
Are you another country than mentioned above? Then you will need to consider some restrictions if you want to take a job next to your studies. You will need a work permit and you can only work for a maximum of sixteen hours a week. Alternatively, you can work full-time during the summer months of June, July and August*.

Students are allowed to work as an entrepreneur during their studies. Working as a volunteer is possible without a work permit.

For more and the latest information, please visit the website Study in Holland where you will be able to find information about:

  • Work permit application
  • Health insurance and jobs
  • Social security number
  • Income tax

We also encourage you to read the EP-Nuffic information sheet Internationals and part time jobs (pdf, 59 kB).

Would you like to know what is applicable in your situation?

Go to the website of Study in Holland and fill in the “Get prepared” test. The outcome of the test will give you all the information you need and will also show you relevant documents you need to submit.

* Source: studyinholland.nl