International student

I want a:

>> Career in the Netherlands (go to this part)
>> International Career (go to this part)

Career in the Netherlands

Permit 'Orientation year highly educated persons'

As a graduated student (Bachelor/Master), you can ask the Dutch Government for a residence permit 'orientation year highly educated persons'. On this website of the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service of the Ministry of Justice and Security you can read the conditions and how you can apply.

To gain more information about employment permits, check out the website of the Dutch Government or gain information via Undutchables.

Culture in Dutch companies

Even though you have been studying in the Netherlands for a while, finding a job might be difficult. You can find some do’s and don’ts of applying for a job or internship in the Netherlands here (pdf) (pdf, 1 MB). Useful websites

Use these websites (pdf, 881 kB) as a guide during your study or when you start looking for a job. For information about working in the region Arnhem-Nijmegen, check out

International Career

It's hard to give you some general advice about applying for an international job, because all countries have (somewhat) different rules and customs.

If you have a specific country in mind where you want to work, it might be a good idea to start with an internship in that country. You can use the Erasmus+ programme for this.

You can also read a career guide with information about specific countries:
- website Experts in Labour Mobility
- website Expatica

Or use a website that offers jobs per country:
- website Eurojobs

Would you like some personal advice? Please make an appointment