Welcome to the Radboud University! You have just begun your studies and what you are going to do afterwards still seems far off. However, your first year as a Bachelor’s student is an excellent time to begin considering it.
Career+ for you as a first-year Bachelor’s student
Career+ provides you with a professional preparation programme for the labour market. It is a free programme offered by the Faculty, which provides step-by-step help on working towards a career that best suits you. The topics you will tackle will provide you with direction and can immediately be applied in order to successfully complete your first year.
Discuss changes in your life as soon as possible with your student advisor: a new study programme, a new city, living on your own, becoming a member of a student association—there are a variety of things that can have a significant impact.
Career+ offers the following to you as a first-year Bachelor’s student
- Advisory meetings with a staff member from the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies Career Services or your student advisor
- Guides and information on the topics covered during mentoring such as time management or “How do I present myself and my study programme?”
What else can you do?
- Concentrate on your studies: good grades are often important for obtaining an interesting internship.
- Are you looking for a part-time job? Find one that matches your study programme.
- Is there something you would like to organise in your second or third year? Or would you like to participate in a student or study association during your second year? Learn all about your options.
- This is how you will learn to lead, plan, organise, and brainstorm for meetings. Companies find the development of practical skills to be just as important as your level of academic education.