Radboud Gender & Diversity Studies is the organiser of the annual celebration of International Women's day. On Monday March 8th, 2021, professor dr. Wendy Harcourt spoke on Gender Dimensions in Climate Change. Dr. Irene Dankelman responded to this presentation.
This year the celebration was offered online and about 180 participants listened to the presentations and interacted in the chat, asking questions and sharing information. A recording of the presentations is available here. The information in the chat can be found here (docx, 17 kB).
Traditionally we offer a lunch to all employees of the Radboud University. Due to Covid-19 measures this was not possible and we replaced it with a virtual information market with networks and organisations that are closely related to the work of Radboud Gender & Diversity Studies.
- Women on the Timelineis a project initiated by Anouk Wolkotte and Charlotte Hermanns that aims to redirect the spotlight and let women shine bright. They introduce the project and invited the audience to a brainstorming session to think together, learn from each other and help each other.
- Radboud University Network on Migrant Inclusion (RUNOMI) is an interfaculty network that aims to intensify collaboration in research, teaching and partnerships with societal actors in the domain of migrant inclusion studies. Linda Sloane informed the audience about RUNOMI-researchers who work on gender dimensions in migration issues.
- Radboud Centre for Sustainability Challenges (RCSC) aspires to be the hub for all sustainability-related research and education. They aim to connect researchers working on sustainability issues from different fields. In this breakout room the conversation on social dimensions in climate change continued.
- The Roze Weekis an annual event with educational, social and cultural activities about LGBTQ* topics. It is organised every year in May and covers Radboud and HAN in rainbow colours! Florian spoke about the Roze Week, and offered a Q&A about LGBTQ* rights in the Netherlands.
- Raffiais an online magazine that publishes articles, columns and reviews around the themes of gender, diversity and feminism. Please feel welcome to stop by our breakout room to ask questions, give suggestions on what you would like to read about, or to hear more about what we do.
- Since September Rona Jualla-Van Oudenhovenis Radboud's first Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategist. Rona talked about her ideas regarding a DEI policy for Radboud University and paid extra attention to the Anti-Racisme Awareness Week (March 22-26, 2021).