Honours Programme Social Sciences
Learn how you can apply your skills to competently tackle social issues. For instance by bringing creativity into education, and by stimulating people to move more in their daily lives. You will learn about different perspectives within the social sciences from guest speakers spanning communication sciences, sociology, artificial intelligence, educational sciences, psychology and cultural anthropology. You will get to know how citizens and professionals approach a societal topic like heat stress in our city of Nijmegen. You will discuss with your fellow honours students in small groups and you get to develop your personal skills. Does this sound like music to your ears? Then the Honours Programme Social Sciences is for you.
What’s in it for you?
- An interdisciplinary outlook on diverse social issues
- An additional challenge on top of your regular studies
- A larger, more diverse network – you will meet fellow students from your own faculty and other ones
- The opportunity to convert acquired knowledge into concrete advice - for the Municipality of Nijmegen for instance
- The opportunity to improve key skills such as presenting and essay writing
- Personal development – by working independently and moving past your comfort zone
Facts & figures
Duration 1 year, during B2 or B3
Study load 6-8 hours per week
Programme kick-off October
Admission All students from the Faculty of Social Sciences
Study costs none