Admission and application
To join the programme, you must apply. This means you will have to hand in a request that consists of, among other things, a description of the project, a motivational letter and some letters of recommendation. Every student that applies, will be invited for an interview. Do you consider to apply? We advise you to always contact the Programme Coordinator in front. She will discuss with you what your best options are.
Monthly, every 15th of the month, you can apply for the Honours Programme Beyond the Frontiers.
If you are not a student of Radboud University at the moment, but you will start a Master's programme in Nijmegen in August or January, you can also apply by completing the application form.
Make one pdf file that consists of the following parts:
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of grades
- Motivational letter (max. 500 words)
- The confirmation of a principle investigator or senior researcher at Radboud University and also of a senior researcher at a renowned laboratory or research institute, stating that he or she will supervise the project and assess the result of the project.
- At least two letters of recommendation, whereby at least one of them should be from your intended supervisor at Radboud University
- The research proposal, consisting of:
- A brief introduction to the project (max. 500 words)
- A plan of work, including a time schedule and the approcimate study load (at least 420 hrs) (max. 500 words)
- The research question(s) and the research method (max. 600 words)
- Literature references
- A description of the presentation of the final results (article, essay, book, report)
- A valorisation section
- A detailed estimation of the costst (maximum of €3300,-). Take in account travels costs, costs for stay, insurances and fees. Other costs, such as costs for research or to support daily life abroad, will not be covered.
Click here fore the application form. When your application is approved so far we will invite you for an interview. The selection criteria during this interview are:
- presentation skills
- feasibility of the project in the available time
- valorisation possibilities
- plan B: what are your options when the project doesn't turn out the way you planned because of the circumstances abroad
We will ask you to start the interview with a pitch of your proposal in 3 minutes