Change your RU password
Once a year you will be asked to change your RU password. Please follow the instruction below carefully to avoid being locked out.
* Check what additional devices you are logged into with your RU password, such as your phone, tablet etc.
* Choose a strong password.
* Read the steps below before you get started.
* When working from home, follow these steps only via your own device or a Radboud-Laptop/Radboud-Macbook (not a remote Radboud-workplace).
Change the password yourself
Steps to follow:
- Choose one device on which you want to change your password.
- Disconnect all your other devices from the internet (Wi-Fi, LAN wired and mobile data) or put them on aeroplane mode.
- Close all open programs.
- If you are working on a 'remote PC on campus'.
Don't shut down your Radboud workplace but choose 'Restart' (click on 'start' -> click on the 'on/off logo' -> click on 'restart').
PLEASE NOTE: Do not log in yet, do not use that workstation until step 7.
- Go to the Account portal (https://account.ru.nl/passwordchange) on your laptop or computer with which you are going to change the password and change your password.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Your password has now been changed. Turn on your internet connection again or unplug your devices. Do this for each device and check that you are connected to the internet.
Working from home: You may not be able to start up your Radboud laptop with your new password until you are working on campus. Until then, use your old password to start your laptop. Programs and Radboud services do start with your new password after the change.
- Log in to all your devices using your new password. See the tutorials below.
Change RU password on your mobile/other devices
Do you have problems with the following tutorials? Please contact the ICT Helpdesk (024-36 22222). Due to corona measures, you can only visit the ICT Service Desk after you have made an appointment via the ICT Helpdesk.