Configuration of a (shared) mailbox on iPhone/iPad
You can use your functional mailboxes on your iPhone or iPad as well:
Click on Settings
- Go to “Passwords & Accounts” and click on “Add Account”.
- Click on “Other” on the right-hand side under “Add Account”.
- A new window will open where you can add the e-mail account by clicking “Add Mail Account”.
- Fill in the details of the e-mail address linked to your U, E, or S number, not the details of the functional e-mail address.
- Click “Next”
- In the next screen, once again fill in your name, e-mail address (of your U, E, or S number), and the associated password.
- At “Host Name” under “Incoming Mail Server” fill in: mail.ru.nl
- At “Host Name” under “Outgoing Mail Server” fill in: smtp-auth.ru.nl
- With the username for the incoming mail you use your full email address / the full address of the functional mailbox. For example: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill in the U, E, or S number at “Username” under “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Click "Next"
- Click “Save” on the top on the right-hand side and the shared mailbox will be added.
- Note: Here you can find more about specific IMAP or POP3 settings.