iMac or Macbook
Apple users have different options at their disposal to use their RU mail and calendar:
- Outlook for Apple. Enter your username (your u-, e- or s-number preceded by ru\) and RU password in Outlook. If you are asked to enter the name of the mail server, enter mail.ru.nl. If Outlook is not installed on your Macbook/iMac, you can download it at a discount on www.surfspot.nl
- Webmail (mail.ru.nl) via Firefox. Enter your u-, e- or s-number preceded by ru\.
- Apple mail on (see descriptions below)
How to use the Apple mail app voor your RU mail and calendar?
- Open the Apple Mail app;
- Select Mail -> Preferences;
- A new window will appear. Click Accounts in the top menu bar and click the + icon in the bottom left corner of your screen;
- Select Exchange and click Continue
Now enter the following details:
- Name: Full username
- E-mail address: the primary e-mail address
- Password: RU password
A new window will appear in which you enter the following details:
Description: A name for the e-mail account. For instance: ‘RU exchange’
Username: u-number @ ru.nl
Password: if approved, the password will already be filled in
Server address: mail.ru.nl
Confirm the settings (click Continue)
Select the options that need to be synchronised and click Done.