The Institute for Mathematics, Astrophysics and Particle Physics (IMAPP) at Radboud University will be celebrating its 15th anniversary in Nijmegen on October 17, 2022 starting at 10:30am. It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in this celebration with us. The Symposium includes lunch and a drink/snack reception.
The event will consist of a Symposium with talks by a number of leading scientists in the research areas covered within IMAPP. The common theme of these talks will be gravity, which has connections to all the departments within IMAPP. The speakers are:
- Monica Colpi (University of Milan)
- Abhay Ashtekar (The Pennsylvania State University)
- Nigel Higson (The Pennsylvania State University)
- Anna Watts (Amsterdam University)
- Dennis Lehmkuhl (University of Bonn)
More details about titles and abstracts can be found by clicking on the name.
Location: Cultuurhuis de Lindenberg, Ridderstraat 23 Nijmegen
Contact and route: https://www.delindenberg.com/contact-route/
- 10:00 welcome with coffee/tea
- 10:30 Opening by Eric Cator
- 10:45-11:30 Anna Watts: "A NICER view of neutron stars"
- 11:45-12:30 Nigel Higson: "Hypoelliptic equations and noncommutative geometry"
- 12:30-13:45 lunch
- 13:45-14:30 Monica Colpi: "Massive black holes across cosmic ages"
- 14:45-15:30 Abhay Ashtekar: "The many faces of black hole horizons"
- 15:30 - 16:00 break
- 16:00-16:45 Dennis Lehmkuhl: "Penrose’s analogy between different types of spacetime curvature and optical lenses"
- 16:45-17:00 Sijbrand de Jong/Klaas Landsman: closing words
- 17:00-18:00 drinks
Chair: Béatrice Bonga
The number of participants are limited, so do register as soon as possible!
Click here to register.
We look forward to meeting you all on this Symposium.