Outstanding research & unique facilities
The Institute for Molecules and Materials (IMM) is an interdisciplinary research institute in chemistry and physics at the Radboud University. Our mission is to perform fundamental research to understand, design and control the functioning of molecules and materials and to train the next generation of leaders in science and entrepreneurship at the highest international standards.
Research at IMM is focused on three closely connected themes, supported by the unique research facilities:
- IMM researchers demonstrate biomolecular condensates accelerating and suppressing amyloid formation
- IMM researchers demonstrate effective approach for programable surface functionalization
- ERC Starting Grant for research on novel technologies for data transfer
- Brownian reservoir computing: IMM researchers demonstrate the control of motion of skyrmions
- IRP Networking Session – Data Science & Health8 December 2022
- Theme 2 colloquium: 'Toward Autonomous “Artificial Cells” on a Chip'13 December 2022
- PhD defence Roel Maas (Physical Organic Chemistry)13 December 2022
Meet our researchers
Within our institute scientists perform state of the art & innovative research in the fields of chemistry and physics. But who is the person behind the researcher? What is his/her drive and passion for science and research? And what has been the path to his/her current job?
Read it in the interview series we have made.