Several internal and external committees are appointed to advise the IMM Board in its deliberations.
Three members of each research theme (so called theme trios) meet on a regular basis with the IMM Board to discuss any issues related to the IMM, such as management and personnel, hiring, tenure, research strategy and funding applications.
Theme 1: Structure and Dynamics of Molecules, Arno Kentgens
Theme 2: Chemistry of Complex Systems, Prof. Floris Rutjes
Theme 3: Spectroscopy of Quantum Materials, Prof. Alexey Kimel
Group leader lunch
Every month IMM organizes the group leader lunch. Group leaders of IMM research groups can give input or are requested to advice on various subjects.
PhD Panel IMM
IMM has a PhD panel which includes IMM PhD candidates of all three themes: PhD panel IMM (PPIMM). More information on this page
The Advisory Board advises the IMM Board regarding strategy, positioning, priorities and research themes and programmes.
- Prof. Gabriel Aeppli, Paul Scherrer Institut, Switzerland/London Centre for Nanotechnology, UK
- Prof. Carlo Beenakker, Lorentz Institute, Leiden University, The Netherlands
- Prof. Mischa Bonn, Max Planck Institute for Polymer Research, Germany
- Prof. Ben Feringa, Rijkuniversiteit Groningen, The Netherlands
- Prof. Rasmita Raval, University of Liverpool, UK
- Dr. Marco Timmers, Byondis, The Netherlands
- Prof. Viola Vogel, ETHZ, Switzerland