60 years Science Faculty: Public Event on Saturday November 18 (Open dag)
- Saturday 18 November 2017Add to my calendar
- from 11:00
Science Faculty, Huygens building
The faculty will be open to the general public in the light of its 60th anniversary. We offer a festive programme filled with interactive activities suitable for all ages. Discover the faculty by performing scientific experiments and joining
demonstrations and tours. If you have always wanted to attend a mini lecture
on our professors’ scientific research, then this is your chance.
Find out more about space missions to the far side of the moon, how bacteria can clean water, or about the cooperation between the brain and a computer. If that does not tickle your fancy, you can also do some virtual reality archery, take a look at the starry sky in the portable planetarium or learn how to isolate DNA.
Specific IMM activities:
- mini lecture by prof. Wilhelm Huck: "Het ontstaan van leven"
- labtour Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Lab - NMR
- labtour Trillingsvrij lab - Scanning Probe Microscopy
- labtour High Field Magnet Laboratory - HFML
- labtour Free Electron Lasers for Infrared eXperiments - FELIX
- labtour Zonnepanelen - Applied Materials Science
Would you like to join this festive and informative day? You are welcome from 11.00 to 16.00h on Saturday 18 November. No registration required!