Postdoctoral Researchers Programme in Business Law
The Radboud Business Law Institute (OO&R) invites applications for its postdoctoral researchers programme.
The positions are open to international researchers and will facilitate a two-year stay in Nijmegen (The Netherlands). The researchers will be offered employment contracts with all the rights and benefits of regular research staff members.
Applications are open for researchers with a PhD in law that are based outside of the Netherlands. Excluded from this programme are researchers that currently live in the Netherlands or have worked or studied in the Netherlands before.
You can find more information on the application process below.
The next deadline for applications is:
- 15 May 2023
If you have any question on the postdoctoral programme or the application process, please contact the institute’s secretariat.
You can apply by filling in the application form:
Required files are:
- Research proposal: a (provisional) description of the intended project during the fellowship (max. 1500 words excl. references). The proposal should include: title of the project, subject, methods, aims, motivation of selection of host institute, bibliography, time schedule etc.
- Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages): Please note that this CV should not contain a complete publications list.
- Key publications: a list of the candidate's most relevant publications (with a maximum of 10) and an upload of the candidates two most prominent published articles.
- Recommendation letters: two recommendation letters from esteemed academics in the candidate’s field of research (each max. 1 page).
After a first selection on the basis of the candidate’s profile, the recommendations and the research proposal, the applicants are invited for a job interview.
Your research proposal should align with one of the institutes research programmes:
- Business and Patrimonial Law
- Finance, Security Rights and Insolvency Law
- Company Law
- Financial Law
Read here for more information on the institute and its research programmes.
Read about some of the benefits of joining us as a postdoctoral researcher:
You will receive a gross monthly salary between from €2.790 and €5.127 (salary scale 10 or 11) depending on experience and qualifications. Read more about the salary here.
As an expat you might be eligible for a 30% tax exemption. Read more on the 30% ruling.
Holiday allowance and bonus
You will receive a holiday allowance of 8% of your gross salary and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% of your gross salary.
As you will be staying in the Netherlands for 2 years as an employee of a Dutch university, you are obliged to participate in the Dutch public health insurance scheme. Read more on Dutch public health insurance.
Visa and work permit assistance
We will assist you in obtaining the relevant visa and work permits. Any legal fees will be reimbursed.
Travel costs reimbursements
We will pay for one return airplane ticket (economy class) for you and any family member that will join you here.
You are covered by the university’s liability insurance for employees.
Your relocation costs may be compensated to a maximum of 12% of your annual gross salary (further conditions apply).
We will assist you in finding housing.
Your costs for participating or organizing in academic conferences/seminars or for publishing your work will be reimbursed by the institute (further conditions apply).
Costs for beginner and advanced courses in Dutch are covered for you as well as a family member that accompanies you.