Tech Law clinic-Apply now!
TECH LAW CLINIC
Starting in October 2021 – Apply NOW !
The Tech Law Clinic aims to develop a new educational approach, culminating in a moot court and a Spring school, in order to raise students’ awareness about the challenging legal implications posed by digital technologies. This educational experience will also serve as a legal experiment to generate research and policy proposals on law and technology.
• Université Catholique de Lyon – Lyon - France
• Radboud University – Nijmegen – The Netherlands
• Universita del Piemonte Orientale – Vercelli – Italy
• Uniwersytet Lodzki – Lodz - Poland
• Uniwersytet Jagiellonski – Krakow - Poland
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE AND FOR WHICH RECOGNITION?
Advanced Bachelor Law students (B3) and Master Law students are invited to join the Tech Law Clinic in the form of an extracurricular activity in their annual workload. The team will consist of 20 students: 16 Law students and 4 Computer Sciences students. Students will be awarded 3 ECTS.
Successful completion of this elective will be based on two marks:
• An oral mark for the performance during the hearing of the mock trial, which will take place under realistic conditions.
• A written mark for the legal documents written by each student team.
INVOLVEMENT OF THE STUDENTS IN THE PROJECT ACTIVITIES
The students from each university will be involved in the following way:
-From October to March - pre-trial phase and hearing of the mock trial: the students will work in teams (2 teams of lawyers and 1 team of judges).
- From October to February, a cycle of interdisciplinary lessons and activities on law and technology;
-In March, mock trial and delivery of the judgment.
-In April, the last stage of the process, the 5-day Spring School uniting the students from all participating Universities. The Spring school is free of charge; costs of transport and accomodation will be covered by the project. The 2022 Spring school will take place in Krakow, Poland.
SELECTION OF STUDENTS
Apply for the Tech Law Clinic, please e-mail Prof. Pietro Ortolani (email@example.com) with the following documents:
- List of grades;
- Motivation letter
Apply NOW and participate in this exciting and innovating project !!!