Study and Resource Centre
The study and resource centre of FNWI
The study and resource centre forms a part of the Library of Science and is located in the Huygens Building. It forms an integrated study environment for students. Hostesses in a role as attendant take care that it is quiet and tidy. Malfunctions of pc's and printers can also be passed on to them. They take care for a fast solution of the problems. They also help you borrow headphones, powerbanks and locks for laptops if needed.
What can you do there?
- The study spaces in this room can only be reserved by students. You can access with a valid reservation only. For more information, check the web page Campus&Facilities.
- You can make use of desktop PCs. Eight of them have Linux installed, the rest have Windows 10. Also installed on the pc's are Office 2010, SPSS and Endnote.
- You can make use of the wireless network with your own laptop. You can also plug in your laptop to electric power. At the service desk, you can also borrow a laptop for a day.
- There are a number of study rooms where groups can work e.g. preparation of a presentation. You have to make a reservation for it. A pc and wifi is also available in these rooms.
- With your RU account you can log in to the PCs and wifi. Guests from outside the university can ask for a guest account; for this you have to show ID.
When can you come?
The study and resource centre is open from Monday up to Friday from 08.15 am to 9.30 pm. On Saturday and Sunday it is open from 10am to 6pm.
The hostess takes care of your questions, reservations and malfunctions. You can also e-mail them: email@example.com.