Activate your campus card as library card in RUQuest
In order to use RUQuest and use your campus card/staff card as a library card, you need to activate your account:
- if you use RUQuest for the first time/ when you borrow from the library for the first time
- if you haven’t used RUQuest or borrowed for one year
After activating your account, it takes one working day before you can borrow with your card. Logging in and using RUQuest is possible immediately.
How to activate?
When you use RUQuest for the first time, you will see a form in which you can give permission for storing data:
When you use RUQuest to reserve or request items from the collection, you have to log in:
1. Go to ru.nl/ubn/ruquest and click on Sign in at the top right of the page. You will see this screen:
2. Choose the top button and log in with your S-number and RU-password. Choose the second button to log in with your Z-number. Don’t forget to check the box ‘Mijn Keuze onthouden’. This will prevent you from seeing this screen again and again.
3. You can use your campus card the next working day for borrowing and reserving materials.
4. For the digital library, your campus card is already activated.
Why is it necessary to activate?
To be able to use RUQuest and use your campus card or staff card to borrow items, a limited number of non-traceable data must be stored. To store personal data, we are legally obliged to request permission and may not keep it for longer than necessary. The set deadline for this is one year after inactivity.
Have you waited one workday before borrowing or making a reservation? If you still get an error message after this period, please send a message via Ask Your Librarian. Please mention that you have logged in RUQuest according to the above steps. The employees of the University Library will then activate your card for you. This can take up to one working day.