A bi-weekly colloquium for PhD students in mathematics at Radboud. The talks are intended to be accessible for all PhD students at the department, whose research interests cover a very broad range of topics.
List of talks
- Gabriele Fissore : A non-technical introduction to sets of finite perimeter
May 19th 2022, 15:30-16:30 at HG03.085.
- Els Hoekstra: Wang tiles
April 28th 2022, 12:30-13:30 at HG02.052.
- Victor Hissink Muller: Diffusion Equations and Finite Speed of Propagation
March 31st 2022, 12:30-13:30 at HG03.085.
- Leonardo García-Heveling: Broken symmetries and topological defects
March 17th 2022, 12:30-13:30 at HG03.085.
- Berend Ringeling: Mahler Measure
March 3rd 2022, 12:30-13:30 at HG03.085.
- Jie Liu: Matrix spherical functions of symmetric pair $(SU(2+m), S(U(2)\times U(m))$
February 7th 2022, 15:30-16:30 at HG03.085.
- Quinten Rutgers: The vector field method (integration by parts 18+ edition)
December 6th 2021, 15:30-16:30 at HG00.310.
- Miguel Barrero: (Equivariant) operads.
November 22nd 2021, 15:30-16:30 at HG00.310.
- Lisanne Taams: Stacky curves.
November 8th 2021, 15:30-16:30 at HG00.310.
- Mostafa Meliani: Shape sensitivity analysis for optimization problems in nonlinear acoustics.
October 25th 2021, 15:30-16:30 at HG00.310.
- Teun van Nuland: A geometric formula for the trace of a function of a (noncommutative) differential operator.
October 11th 2021, 15:30-16:30 at HG00.086.
- Stijn Cambie: On a generalization of Jensen's inequality and a related conjecture in graph theory which is always true, but not always.
September 27th 2021, 15:30-16:30 at HG00.086.