Sustainable representative government
- Akkerman, A., Mudde, C & Zaslove, A.S. (2014). How Populist are the People? Measuring Populist Attitudes in Voters. Comparative Political Studies, 47 (9), 1324-1353.
- Meijers, M.J. & van der Veer, H. (in press) “Issue Competition without Electoral Incentives? A Study of Issue Emphasis in the European Parliament”. The Journal of Politics. Online First: https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/suppl/10.1086/704224
- Nunez, L. & Jacobs, K.T.E. (2016). Catalysts and barriers: Explaining electoral reform in Western Europe. European Journal of Political Research, 55 (3), 454-473.
Conflict at the crossroads of the national and the global
- Malejacq, R.A.A. (2016). Warlords, Intervention, and State Consolidation: A Typology of Political Orders in Weak and Failed States. Security Studies, 25 (1), 85-110.
- Wigger, A. & Buch-Hansen, H. (2014). Explaining (Missing) Regulatory Paradigm Shifts: EU Competition Regulation in Times of Economic Crisis. New Political Economy, 19 (1), 113-137.
- Alons, G.C. (2017). Environmental policy integration in the EU’s common agricultural policy: greening or greenwashing? Journal of European Public Policy, 24 (11), 1604-1622.
Challenges in institutional change
- Brandsen, T., Honingh, M. (2016), “Distinguishing different types of co-production: a conceptual analysis based on the classical definitions”, Public Administration Review, 76(3), pp. 427–435.
- Kruyen, P.M. & VanGenugten, M.L. (2017). Creativity in local government: Definition and determinants. Public Administration, 95 (3), 825-841.
- Greer , S.L., M. Bekker, de Leeuw, M. Wismar, J-K. Helderman, S. Ribeiro & D. Stuckler. (2017). Policy, politics and public health , European Journal of Public Health, 27(4), 40–43.
Challenges regarding legitimacy and performance
- De Vries, M. (2016) Understanding Public Administration. Palgrave, MacMillan, London, New York.
- Mastenbroek, E. & Sindbjerg Martinsen, D. (2018). Filling the gap in the European administrative space: The role of administrative networks in EU implementation and enforcement. Journal of European Public Policy, 25 (3), 422-435.
- Overman, S.P. & VanThiel, S. (2016). Agencification and Public Sector Performance: A systematic comparison in 20 countries. Public Management Review, 18 (4), 611-635.
For more publications click here.