About the Hot Spot
The multidisciplinary research group EUROPAL focuses on EU Politics, Administration and Law. It seeks to analyze, understand and explain processes of Europeanization and EU policy delivery against the backdrop of increased policy pressure and increasing domestic politicization. While doing so, it takes into account evolving inter-institutional relations and balances of power, both at the EU and domestic level, as well as the characteristics of the composite European Administrative Space. The members of the group predominantly approach the relevant topics from the perspectives of political science, public administration and law. They utilize these insights to advance academic research and to inform governmental/judicial/societal actors playing a role in these processes.
What does EUROPAL offer?
EUROPAL and its scholars provide:
- Key insights from the disciplines of Public Administration, Political Science, Spatial Planning, Human Geography, Economics, Environmental Science, and Law (Sociology of law, Migration law, European institutional and substantive law, European private law and Tax law);
- Extensive expertise on the EU regulatory cycle: agenda-setting, party competition, lobbying, decision-making, transposition, implementation, enforcement, evaluation, and horizontal learning;
- Specific sectoral expertise in the fields of gender, agriculture, environment and water, internal market, competition, asylum and migration;
- A strong focus on subnational governments, national parliaments and regulatory agencies, in addition to national ministries.
- A strong track record in both fundamental and applied research, showcasing a balanced portfolio of academic and commissioned projects.