The board of directors plays an important role in ensuring that responsible strategic decisions are made within the organisation. In such decisions, the interests of all the firm’s stakeholders should be considered. Boards do this by approving and monitoring strategic initiatives proposed by top management. Boards also provide advice to top management. In this topic, we study why some boards are better able to carry out these roles than other boards.
Our research covers a broad range of issues facing corporations and boards of directors:
- Effectiveness of corporate governance
- Training of new board members
- Diversity and inclusion in top management and the board
- Preventing organisational misconduct
- Leadership and succession planning