Organisational identity is critical particularly during turbulent and ambiguous times, such as organisational change, processes of creation, and environmental change. One of our focal areas of interest is identity work - organisations and organisational members’ activities to construct, maintain, evaluate, and revise the content of organisational identities. We seek to explain questions related to:
- Organisational identities in space and time
- How identity is communicated,
- The relation between organisational identity
- The legitimisation of organisational strategy
- How multiple identities are created, maintained, and compete within organisations.
To answer these questions, we use a varying set of qualitative and quantitative methods, such as case study research and discourse analysis to focus on processes of identity work.