Provisions granted to students with a disability
The following regulations apply to a student who qualifies for (applying for) a special arrangement for exams:
- if you believe that you qualify for a special arrangement during exams, it is essential that you make application through the student advisor and/or student dean;
- if the special arrangement for exams is approved by the student advisor and/or student dean, this will be recorded in Osiris;
- the special arrangement – usually in the form of extra time for an exam – is thirty minutes for all students (in accordance with the national guidelines for secondary education);
- application for a special arrangement (for example, extra time) at the first exam opportunity is by registering for tuition in the course in which the exam has to be taken. This registration for tuition (and the automatically linked registration for the first exam opportunity) must take place at the latest five working days before the day on which the exam is to be held;
- application for a special arrangement (for example, extra time) at the second exam opportunity is by registering for the exam in the course in which the exam has to be taken. Registration for this exam must take place at the latest five working days before the day on which the exam is to be held;
- if you do not comply with the registration period of five working days, you will not be entitled to the special arrangement during the exam, and you will have to participate in the standard exam;
- The location will be stated in the timetable, with '”Students with extra provisions” shown after it;
- if you have registered for an exam for which you would like to make use of a special arrangement, but are unable to participate in this exam due to unforeseen circumstances, you must unsubscribe by phone or email at the STIP before this exam takes place: email@example.com. If you do not do this, the faculty reserves the right to charge you the costs of the invigilation and the hall rental.
The following applies only to students using one or more special arrangements for the first time:
- if you have already registered for a course (and the automatically linked registration for the first exam opportunity for that course) before you have been allowed to make use of the special arrangement, it is essential that you first deregister for the exam and then re-register once more.
This registration for the exam must occur no later than five working days before the day on which the exam is held;