After completing this course, students will be able to:
- draw parallels between the literature in the reading list and the material discussed during the Things: material culture and the politics of identity course;
- independently position scholarly literature within the relevant methodological and theoretical discourse;
- independently and convincingly assess the relevant literature in light of the current academic discourse;
- write a concise and convincing report on their own analysis of the literature.
This module enables students to expand on the knowledge they have acquired during the Things: material culture and the politics of identity course by way of an independent literature study. Students will independently study scholarly literature that supplements the material covered during the course and write a report in which they position the texts within their relevant scholarly contexts, taking into account the authors’ academic background, the context of publication, as well as the methodological and theoretical frameworks applied.
- The reading list can only be chosen as an elective or to replace the elective courses and cannot replace the required Core Course, Music Industry, Global Media Industries, Thinking through fashion and the MA thesis.
- The reading list is optional for all Creative Industries courses.
- Reading list credits are only awarded if the student passes the course associated with the relevant reading list.
- The student must register for the reading list in Osiris at the start of period 1, 2, 3 or 4 and report to the lecturer at the beginning of the relevant period.