After successfully finishing the course:
- You have gained a deeper knowledge of and insight in historical and current trends in the touristic phenomenon central to the selected project
- You have acquired practical experience in collecting, evaluating and presenting relevant data about the touristic phenomenon central to the selected project, with a critical and constructive focus on political, societal and commercial dimensions
- You have acquired practical experience in developing new strategies or new products for a specific market in a specific commercial context
- You have translated the outcomes of academic research into accessible knowledge (written and oral);
- You have acquired insight in your own talents and challenges as an expert in tourism by collaborating with fellow students in a project for a specific client.
This course offers you the unique opportunity to acquire hands-on experience with research in and for the field as well as with creating concrete products or advice for the tourism industry. In a small group with about 8-10 students you will carry out a research project for a societal or commercial partner. In the end, you will provide the client with advice in the form of a presentation and a final report.|
The partners we are working with change every year. In previous years, students have worked out assignments for clients such as the municipalities of Den Bosch (Jheronimus Bosch and city branding), Nijmegen (connecting cruise tourism with city tourism) and the Hanseatic Cities (storylines for augmented reality apps), as well as for the Africa Museum in Tervuren (storylines for the theme of crisis in biodiversity) and The Hrant Dink Foundation in Turkey (social media campaign and other strategies to attract new audiences for multicultural tours app).
admission to master's specialisation Tourism and Culture