At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Recognise and analyse different sections of an academic article in English
- Identify and distinguish the most important and most frequently used types of research methods in the IBC research field.
- Apply the appropriate language skills such as register, style, and academic conventions to write different sections of academic articles in English.
- Cite sources and write a bibliography based on APA conventions.
- Create blogs in English based on information from scientific research articles.
- Design and present posters based on scientific information.
- Give an oral presentation of an academic article and poster in English.
This course is an introduction to research in the field of International Business Communication (IBC), with a special emphasis on linguistic and text-based research. Students will be introduced to a number of topics, with various research methodologies and academic conventions of reporting research in English, in both written and oral presentation formats. Academic conventions of English research articles covered in the course include structure, the use of tense, paraphrasing, citations and references according to APA conventions. In addition, the course will introduce the main characteristics and elements of blogs and posters in research. At the end of the course, students will present a small-scale empirical study in English in the form of a research poster.|
Only accessible to students of the BA International Business Communication.