At the end of the course, students can
- Describe in detail an aspect of British or American society
- Produce an educational programme
- Write an article
- Take part in a meeting that involves strategic planning
- Conduct a short marketing study and produce a brief report
- Evaluate and develop material for the Study Abroad experience
- Communicate effectively in English in both written and oral tasks
The primary aims of this course are to develop students’ understanding of the cultural, political, historical and social landscape of the UK and USA and to develop their language proficiency. Students will develop an understanding of cultural diversity, which will equip them to respond appropriately to social and cultural differences.
They will work on a number of tasks that will develop their understanding of these issues as well as practical skills for interacting in a range of cultural and organizational contexts.