There are a number of learning targets;
- Getting familiar with various concepts of sustainable development in relation to water management and how to strengthem them.
- Understand and the apply a system based approach in river basin development.
- Able to analyse and understand various examples of mis-management in river basins and how to improve these situations.
- Understanding the concepts "climate mitigation" and "climate adaptation" and how these concepts can be applied in river basins.
- Have a thorough understanding of the causes of water scarcity, floods and water pollution and how a system approach and IWRM approaches and technologies can solve these problems.
The course comprises a number of lectures and guest lecures of professionals dealing with
- Morphological and ecological principles of river basins.
- Framework for Strategic Sustainable Development
- Evolution of IRBM Europe
- Lessons learned from large river basins in USA and China
- Implementing Integrated Water Resources Management in emerging economies; casus Upper Citarum, Indonesia
- Water Framework Directive: transnational river basin management practices
- Ecology and management of aquatic macrophytes
- Learning how to collaborate with various societal partners using "serious gaming"
- Applying circular economy principles on water management
- Inovations in CleanTech & Smart Engineering,
- Innovative governance
- New business & financing.