The objectives of the course are that students:
- Will learn the basic concepts of matrix calculations.
- Are able to apply these concepts to solve linear algebra problems.
The course will cover the following topics:
1. Systems of linear equations and their solutions (Gauss-Jordan procedure)
2. Vector spaces and linear transformations
3. Matrix multiplication
4. Calculating a matrix inverse
5. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors
6. Calculating the determinant
7. Inner product and orthogonal projections (Gram-Schmidt procedure)
We will also provide examples of how the above-mentioned concepts are used in Artificial Intelligence.