The course aims to provide knowledge and insight into a range of specific topics within the fields of Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive Science, and in particular into those not covered by regular courses. The specific content and assessment of the topic is jointly determined by the student and an elected member of staff and must be approved in advance by the examination board. Most students choose to carry out an individually supervised literature study for this course, but there are other possibilities including carrying out a small experiment, conducting a survey, designing a computer model or implementing software.
- The student finds a supervisor of their choice;
- Together with this supervisor, the student makes a proposal containing the following items:
- Course code (BKI208 (3EC) or BKI209 (6EC)
- Description of the subject + motivation (why not a regular course)
- Study-activities (e.g., study of literature, programming experiment...) + planning motivating the number of ECs
- Assessment method (eg., examination, report, product...)
- - The student sends the proposal to the examination board, accompanied by a supporting email from the supervisor
- The examination board assesses the proposal and accepts or rejects it
- If the proposal is accepted, then, execution of the Capita Selecta
- After assessment, the supervisor mails the grade to the examination board who will take care of submission of the grade in Osiris.
-At least a full year of prior study in the field of Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive Science. |
-A topic proposal that corresponds with the general subject of a taught ECTS course within the AI department.
-Knowledge and skills at the level of the above mentioned taught course.
Paper and/or oral examination.