Objective of the course is to provide insight into specialized topics of interest within Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive Science, in particular those that lie outside regular courses. The specific content is agreed upon between the student and a suitable member of staff, and approved beforehand by a different staff member. The usual activity for this course is a literature study, but others are possible such as: a small experiment, survey, computer model, software application etc.|
- The student finds a supervisor of their choice;
- Together with this supervisor, the student makes a proposal containing the following items:
- Course code (MKI10 (3EC) or MKI20 (6EC))
- Description of the subject + motivation (why not a regular course)
- Study-activities (e.g., study of literature, programming experiment...) + planning motivating the number of ECs
- Assessment method (eg., examination, report, product...)
- The student sends the proposal to the examination board, accompanied by a supporting email from the supervisor
- The examination board assesses the proposal and accepts or rejects it
- If the proposal is accepted, then, execution of the Capita Selecta
- After assessment, the supervisor mails the grade to the examination board who will take care of submission of the grade in Osiris.
|-At least a full year of prior study in the field of Artificial Intelligence or Cognitive Science.
-A topic proposal that corresponds to the general subject of a taught ECTS course within the AI department.
-Knowledge and skills at the level of the above mentioned taught course.|
|To be agreed upon with supervisor|