- The student has a basic overview of the major findings in astronomy
- The student is able to make oder-of-magnitude estimates using simple physical concept
- The student understands how to measure distances, luminosities, and temperatures and knows typical values in astronomy
- The student understands the basic evolution of stars from the birth to their endproducts
- The student knows the different types of galaxies and the role of dark matter
- The student knows about the evolution, age, and size of the universe and how to measure this
The Universe we live in is a fascinating place and a basic knowledge of the Universe and the physical processes that occur in it are essential ingredients for every student in physics. We will give an overview of some of the most important phenomena in the Universe and the physics related to it.
|High School (VWO) physics and mathematics|