On 10 November 2023 the Radboud Law Clinic and the Institutions for Conflict Resolution research group, organize the first Access to Justice Day with the theme: ‘Access to justice for victims of labour rights violations: innovative paths to conflict resolution’.
The day features presentations of (human-rights related) research projects by the Clinic students and alumni, a keynote seminar by a renown international expert on labour law & human rights Prof. Janelle Diller (see below), and a panel debate with a.o. Miriam Kullman (TBD) and Tesseltje de Lange on paths to conflict resolution and access to justice in cases involving violations of labour rights.
10.00 - 12.30 Radboud Law Clinic Invites: alumni & student presentations
12.30 - 13.30 Lunch
13.30 - 15.00 Seminar # 6 in the Conflict Resolution Seminar Series: Access to justice for victims of labour rights violations: the case of interactive governance in global value chains, keynote by Professor Janelle Diller, former legal counsel to the International Labour Organisation (ILO), Senior Research Associate at the Geneva Graduate Institute for International and Development Studies and Independent Counsel to Appleton Luff International Lawyers - followed by Q&A
15.15 - 17.00 Panel discussion ‘Access to justice for victims of labour rights violations: new challenges and innovative paths to conflict resolution’. The goal of this panel is to flag ‘what is new’ in the field of access to justice for victims of labour rights violations such as:
- new (or ‘recently discovered’) types of conflicts in the field of labour rights violations
- changed/changing roles of the ‘traditional’ dispute resolution institutions (eg in view of new types of conflicts or other societal developments)
- new/upcoming fora or path for access to justice, including the role of private actors.
- Dr. Miriam Kullmann, Associate Professor of Labour Law, Radboud University
- Ms. Nicky Touw, PhD Researcher, Department of Public Law, Open University
- Dr. Tesseltje de Lange, Professor of EU Migration Law, Radboud University
- Ms. Marlou Overheul, PhD Researcher, Molengraaff Institute of Private Law, Utrecht University
- Mr. Roberto Baumgarten Kuster, Faleck & Associados
Please note: Online participation is possible via Teams.