Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatieven
Since the 2020, multiple initiatives have been started by our students, in collaboration with Radboud University's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Office. Here, we introduce them to you, and show you how you can contribute too.
How to tackle discrimination and harassment
The annual European Action Weeks Against Racism took place from 14 to 27 March 2022. In honor of this the DEI Office has created a 'tackling discrimination and harassment'-programme. How can you work together to create a safe, equitable and inclusive campus?
Programme how to tackle discrimination and harassment
Please follow the instructions below:
- Visit the following link: https://courses.epigeum.com/register
- Complete the registration form – IMPORTANT – you must register using your @ru.nl email address [this will be your username]
- Please enter one of the following tokens [codes] in the relevant field of the registration form:
• If you are a member of staff, please enter: 1411a566
• If you are a student, please enter: 6054fe14
- You will be sent an account activation email to the email address you entered during registration. Please click on the link in the activation email to complete registration and activate your account.
NOTE: If you do not receive the email in your inbox, please check your SPAM/junk mail. You can also resend the activation email via this link.
- Once you have activated your account, you can then log in using your chosen username and password combination. You will be shown the Epigeum Tackling Harassment programme in the My Courses screen
- Click on the programme to see the two component courses (Being an Active Bystander and Responding to Disclosures) and on a specific course to launch it. Once an individual course has been successfully completed (i.e. by achieving 80% or higher in the end of course quiz), you will be able to download your unique certificate of completion. Upon completing both courses, a programme level certificate will become available.
- If you require further assistance, please see the help page or contact the Epigeum customer support team via this webform.
Radboud In'to Languages - Webinarreeks Oekraïens
Heel veel mensen in Nederland dragen de vluchtelingen uit Oekraïne een warm hart toe en komen in actie. Dat is mooi om te zien. Ook In’to draagt graag een steentje bij.
Werk je als vrijwilliger met vluchtelingen uit Oekraïne, heb je kinderen in je klas die gevlucht zijn of heb je vluchtelingen uit Oekraïne in je huis opgenomen? Dan is het fijn om de taal een beetje te kunnen verstaan en spreken en meer te weten over de cultuur. Tijdens deze gratis webinarreeks maak je kennis met de taal en cultuur. Met een basis van het Oekraïens kun je er nog beter voor zorgen dat de mensen zich welkom, veilig en thuis gaan voelen.
Kijk meer hier!
The Gender and Diversity Committee from the Faculty of Science at Radboud University has created a leaflet about LGBTQ+ friendly hanging out places and organisations that organise events for the LGBTQ+ community.
View the leaflet here (pdf, 36 MB)!
Friday 10 December is Purple Friday. On this day, educational institutions throughout the Netherlands focus on acceptance of LGBTQ+ students and staff. Radboud University demonstrates solidarity and support for each other by turning the campus as purple as possible on this day, both online as well as offline. Please join by spreading the message and wearing purple clothing on Purple Friday. You can share photos online using #paarsevrijdag and #radboudlife - and don't hesitate to tag @Radboud_uni!
In November 2021, Radboud University joined the SER Diversity at Work project by signing the Diversity Charter. The aim is to strengthen the university's commitment to a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
Student Anti-Racism Network
The Student Anti-Racism Network invites students of colour to engage in conversation! They offer a safe space to talk about or listen to different experiences on the Radboud campus as a POC (person of colour). There is strength and comfort to be found in coming together and sharing stories with people who understand. "You are welcome at our table, no matter your skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, class, language etc. Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org"
Watch tip: ‘Unlearning Race’
What are we actually talking about when we talk about ‘race’? In the light of the Black Lives Matter movement, are these categories absolutely necessary? Author Thomas Williams talked about racism and why we should let go of the notion of ‘race’ with Radboud Reflects. You can watch the programme via YouTube.
Want to know more about the Radboud Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Office? Or do you have an initiative about this theme as well? Contact Rona Jualla van Oudenhoven.