dr. F. Bregoli (Francesco)
Medewerker - Environmental Science
I am a lecturer and researcher working part-time at the Department of Environmental Science of Radboud University. I like interdisciplinarity, interculturality and being out of my comfort zone to continuously learning from different perspectives.
My research is dedicated to understand how to protect population, territory and ecosystem following a multidisciplinary path through civil and environmental engineering and ecology. My interest embraces several topics such as natural hazards including floods, landslides, debris flows and tsunamis, as well as human-induced hazards as fresh waters pollution aggravated by global population growth and climate changes.
At Radboud University, I carry out research on (micro)contaminants fate in fresh waters from country to continental scale with a modelling approach.
At IHE Delft, I coordinate the course of River Morphodynamics and I contribute to several research projects of the Department of Water Resources and Ecosystems.
- Crosato, A.; Grissetti-Vázquez, A.; Bregoli, F.*; Franca, M. (2022) Adaptation of river channels to a wetter or drier climate: Insights from the Lower Pilcomayo River, South America. Journal of Hydrology, 612, 128254. Volledige tekst
- Austin, T.J.; Bregoli, F.; Höhne, D.; Hendriks, A.J.; Ragas, A.M.J. (2022) Ibuprofen exposure in Europe; ePiE as an alternative to costly environmental monitoring. Environmental Research, 209, 112777 Volledige tekst
- Acuña, V.*; Bregoli, F.*, Font, C.; Barceló, D.; Corominas, L.; Ginebreda, A.; Petrovic, M.; Rodríguez-Roda, I; Sabater, S.; Marcé, R. (2020) Management actions to mitigate the occurrence of pharmaceuticals in river networks in a global change context. Environment International, 143, 105993. - * Equal contribution. Volledige tekst
- Bregoli, F.; Crosato, A.; Paron, P; McClain, M. (2019) Humans reshape wetlands: unveiling the last 100 years of morphological changes of the Mara Wetland, Tanzania. Science of the Total Environment, 691, 896-907 Volledige tekst
- Sabater, S.; Bregoli, F.; Acuña, V.; Barceló, D.; Elosegi, A.; Ginebreda, A.; Marcé, R.; Muñoz, I.; Sabater-Liesa, L.; Ferreira, V. (2018) Effects of human-driven water stress on river ecosystems: a meta-analysis, Sci. Rep., 8:11462. Volledige tekst
- 2020 - 2026 PREMIER - "Prioritisation and Risk Evaluation of Medicines in the EnviRonment" Meer informatie
- 2018 - 2022 SUSPECt - "Decision SUpport ToolS for Risk-based Prioritization and Control of Contaminants of Emerging Concern" Meer informatie
- 2021 - 2025 LABPLAS - "Land-Based Solutions for Plastics in the Sea" Meer informatie
Lecturer and Researcher in the Department of Water Resources and Ecosystems
(01 oktober 2022)
IHE Delft Institute for Water Education