dr. B. Da Costa Souza (Bryan)
Postdoc - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
Postdoc - Neurophysiology
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
Interne postcode: 66
6500 GL NIJMEGEN
I’m a computational neuroscientist with a master (2015) and a PhD (2018) in Neuroscience and currently working as a postdoc in the Neuronal Networks of Memory lab. My main area of research involves investigating how the brain encodes sensory information and integrates it with previously stored memory traces. To do so, I apply different data analysis techniques in spiking and oscillatory activity from areas such as the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex of rodents.
I’m also interested in how academia can promote changes in society, and have already coordinated different outreach projects related to popular education, science communication, cultural heritage and well-being.
Currently a member of the Diversity Committee of Brazilian Society for Behavior and Neuroscience (SBNeC) and of the Radboud Young Academy.
- JL Klee, BC Souza, FP Battaglia. Learning differentially shapes prefrontal and hippocampal activity during classical conditioning. eLife 2021;10:e65456 Volledige tekst
- R Scheffer-Teixeira, H Belchior, FV Caixeta, BC Souza, S Ribeiro, Adriano BL Tort. Theta phase modulates multiple layer-specific oscillations in the CA1 region. Cerebral cortex 22 (10), 2404-2414 Volledige tekst
- BC Souza, V Lopes-dos-Santos, J Bacelo, ABL Tort. Spike sorting with Gaussian mixture models. Scientific reports 9 (1), 1-14 Volledige tekst
- B Souza, R Pavão, H Belchior, A Tort. On Information Metrics for Spatial Coding. Neuroscience 375, 62-73 Volledige tekst
- BC Souza, ABL Tort. Asymmetry of the temporal code for space by hippocampal place cells. Scientific reports 7 (1), 1-9 Volledige tekst