dr. B. Da Costa Souza (Bryan)
Docent - Artificiële intelligentie
Thomas van Aquinostraat 4
6525 GD NIJMEGEN
6500 HE NIJMEGEN
I’m a senior lecturer of programming skills in AI and a computational neuroscientist with a master (2015) and a PhD (2018) in Neuroscience.
As a lecturer in the school of AI, I’ve been restructuring some of the courses in the programming line from a DEI (diversity, equity and inclusion) perspective. Beyond that, my main area of research involves investigating how the brain encodes sensory information and integrates it with previously stored memory traces. To do so, I apply different data analysis techniques in spiking and oscillatory activity from areas such as the hippocampus and prefrontal cortex of rodents. I’m also interested in how academia can promote changes in society, and have already coordinated different outreach projects related to popular education, science communication, cultural heritage and well-being.
I'm currently a member of the Diversity Committee of Brazilian Society for Behavior and Neuroscience (SBNeC) and of the Radboud Young Academy.
- JL Klee, BC Souza, FP Battaglia. Learning differentially shapes prefrontal and hippocampal activity during classical conditioning. eLife 2021;10:e65456 Volledige tekst
- R Scheffer-Teixeira, H Belchior, FV Caixeta, BC Souza, S Ribeiro, Adriano BL Tort. Theta phase modulates multiple layer-specific oscillations in the CA1 region. Cerebral cortex 22 (10), 2404-2414 Volledige tekst
- BC Souza, V Lopes-dos-Santos, J Bacelo, ABL Tort. Spike sorting with Gaussian mixture models. Scientific reports 9 (1), 1-14 Volledige tekst
- B Souza, R Pavão, H Belchior, A Tort. On Information Metrics for Spatial Coding. Neuroscience 375, 62-73 Volledige tekst
- BC Souza, ABL Tort. Asymmetry of the temporal code for space by hippocampal place cells. Scientific reports 7 (1), 1-9 Volledige tekst