dr. L.K.E. Genzel (Lisa)
Universitair hoofddocent - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
Universitair hoofddocent - Neuroinformatica
6500 GL NIJMEGEN
For us to function as humans our memories are crucial, but we do not want to remember everything in every little detail but instead we need to extract key information enabling us to deal with future events. This processing of memories – highlighting important events, extracting overlapping, salient information and deleting unnecessary data – is probably one of the main reasons why we need to sleep. In my group, we are interested in sleep and memory processes in mice, rats and humans; using molecular, electrophysiology, functional MRI and behavioral approaches to investigate these mechanisms in health and disease.
Please see also www.genzellab.com
- Genzel L, Rossato J, Jacobse J, Grieves R, Spooner P, Battaglia F, Fernandez G, Morris RGM (2017) The ying and yang of consolidation: hippocampal and cortical PLoS Biol.15: e2000531
- Navarro-Lobato I, Genzel L. (2018) The up and down of sleep: From molecules to electrophysiology.Neurobiol Learn Mem.
- Genzel L, Schut E, Schroeder T, Eichler R,… (2019) The Object Space Task for mice and rats (bioRxiv, 198382 2017) Plos Biology https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pbio.3000322
- Squire LR, Genzel L, Wixted JT, Morris RG (2015) Memory Consolidation. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 3;7(8)
- Duszkiewicz AJ, McNamara CG, Takeuchi T, Genzel L. (2019) Novelty and Dopaminergic Modulation of Memory Persistence: A Tale of Two Systems. Trends Neurosci.42(2):102-114. doi: 10.1016/j.tins.2018.10.002.
Onderzoeksbeurzen en -prijzen
- 2016 - Radboud Excellence Fellowship>
- 2015 - Early Career Scientist Award of the German Sleep Research Foundation>
- 2014 - Branco Weiss Fellowship - Society in Science
- 2018 - VIDI - NWO