dr. C Gross (Claudia)
Universitair docent - Organisatieontwerp & Ontwikkeling
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
6500 HK NIJMEGEN
My work concerns questions such as: how to design organizations that support ethical behavior? How to improve organizational practices? And: how to ‘translate’ academic knowledge into better organizational practices?
Currently, I am particularly interested in two phenomena: How to improve the direct selling and multi-level-marketing industry? And how to help professionals (psychologists, doctors, accountants etc.) to realize the values and goals of their profession within a (business oriented) society that asks for more and more calculative accountability?
I have an interdisciplinary background in Business Administration, Sociology and Philosophy. My research includes a variety of topics, such as organizational control, organizational structures, business ethics, the direct selling industry and management gurus. The most intriguing (research) question for me is, however, how to valorize these insights for society? For the field of direct selling and multi-level-marketing I started to do so via my own website www.fakten-direktvertrieb.de and by serving as an expert on this topic in the media.
- Ethical behavior, transparency, direct selling, multi-level marketing, network-marketing
- Heusinkveld, S., Grinsven, van, M., Groß, C., Greatbatch, D. & Clark, T. (Ed.). (2021). The Flow of Management Ideas: Rethinking Managerial Audiences. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Groß, C. & Vriens, D.J. (2019). The Role of the Distributor Network in the Persistence of Legal and Ethical Problems of Multi-level Marketing Companies. Journal of Business Ethics, 156 (2), 333-355. doi: 10.1007/s10551-017-3556-9 Volledige tekst
- Moisander, J., Groß, C. & Eräranta, K. (2018). Mechanisms of biopower and neoliberal governmentality in precarious work: Mobilizing the dependent self-employed as independent business owners. Human Relations, 7 (3), 375-398. doi: 10.1177/0018726717718918
- Vriens, D.J., Vosselman, E.G.J. & Groß, C. (2018). Public professional accountability: A conditional approach. Journal of Business Ethics, 153 (4), 1179-1196. doi: 10.1007/s10551-016-3345-x Volledige tekst
- Groß, C., Heusinkveld, H.S. & Clark, T. (2015). The Active Audience? Gurus, Management Ideas and Consumer Variability. British Journal of Management, 26 (2), 273-291. doi: 10.1111/1467-8551.12086
- Groß, C. & Haunschild, A. (2013). Liberté toujours? Gerechtigkeit und Gemeinschaft in neoliberalen Arbeitsregimen am Beispiel der Amway GmbH. Zeitschrift für Personalforschung, 27 (2), 152-173. doi: 10.1688/1862-0000_ZfP_2013_02_Gross Volledige tekst
- Groß, C.. Multi-Level-Marketing. Identität und Ideologie im Network-Marketing. Universität Mannheim (291 pag.) (Wiesbaden: VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften/GWV Fachverlage GmbH) Supervisor(s): A. Kieser.
Onderzoeksbeurzen en -prijzen
- 2008 - Karin-Islinger-Price for the best PhD thesis in Business Administration and related fields in 2007/2008 at the University of Mannheim, August 2008.
- 2007 - PhD thesis at the University of Mannheim passed with distinction (“summa cum laude”), June 2007.
- 2003 - Scholarship from the Julius-Stiegler Foundation to participate in the SCANCOR program (Scandinavian Consortium for Organizational Research) at Stanford University
- 1999 - Graduated with distinction Magistra Artium (M.A.). Graduated as the best student of the Faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen (D) in 1999 and with highest grade possible (1.0)
- 2016 - 2018 Multi-level marketing, network-marketing, ethical behavior, transparency Meer informatie
- 2014 - Teacher of the year for Organization Theory I, 2014-15