prof. dr. S. Heskamp (Sandra)
Hoogleraar - Faculteit der Medische Wetenschappen (Radboudumc)
Sandra Heskamp studied Biomedical Sciences at the Radboud University of Nijmegen. In 2009, she graduated in two master’s: Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Human Pathobiology. That same year she started her PhD project Molecular Imaging of Receptor Tyrosine Kinases in Cancer, a collaborative project between the department of Nuclear Medicine and Medical Oncology. During her PhD she also participated in a European consortium (Innovative Medicines Initiative) that investigated the potential of diffusion weighted MRI and [18F]FLT as early biomarkers of treatment response in cancer. In addition, she worked as a visiting researcher at the Technical University Munich to study the potential of alpha-emitting radionuclides for cancer treatment. In June 2014 she obtained her PhD and she started working as a post-doc at the department of Medical Imaging at the Radboudumc. Here, she started her own research group focusing on nuclear imaging and therapy in immuno-oncology. Together with scientists in her group she develops novel radiotracers to visualize tumor cells and their immune-microenvironment, in order to study the biology of cancer in an in vivo manner. Futhermore, these tracers are labeled with therapeutic radionuclides to specifically deliver a high dose of radiation to a tumor. Her current research focuses on the radiobiological and immunological effects of radiation on tumor cells and their immune-microenvironment.
Onderzoeksbeurzen en -prijzen
- 2021 - VIDI grant: "Carbonic Anhydrase IX Targeted Alpha Therapy for selective killing of hypoxic therapy resistant cancer cells"
- 2019 - X² Ambition Award: This award is intended young, ambitious women who show exemplary behaviour within Radboudumc, but also outside their organization.
- 2017 - EANM Eckert & Ziegler Abstract Award 2017 for “Monitoring tumor PD-L1 expression with microSPECT/CT during radiotherapy”
- 2016 - KWF Bas Mulder Young Investigator Grant: "Towards personalized use of immune checkpoint inhibitors by imaging of the PD-1/PD-L1 pathway"
- 2016 - EANM Eckert & Ziegler Abstract Award 2016 for “SPECT/CT imaging of the PD-1/PD-L1 immune checkpoint pathway in syngeneic murine tumor models”
- Additional Internship and Report
- Bachelor Internship and Report
- Internship Bachelor Biology
- MSc Human Biology internship
- Master (Medical) Biology SMI/SIS internship
- Master (Medical) Biology education internship
- Master (Medical) Biology research internship 1
- Master (Medical) Biology research internship 2
- Master Thesis (TWM)
- Research Proposal
- Review Article
- Second Internship
- Third Internship
Secretary of Dutch Society for Clinical Radiochemistry
Editorial board member of Nederlands tijdschrift voor Nucleaire Geneeskunde
Editorial board member European Journal of Molecular Imaging and Nuclear Medicine Research
Chair Radboud Technology Center Imaging
Member of the Central Animal Facility advisory board