dr. ing. M. Kaboli (Mohsen)
Universitair docent - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
I'm an Assistant Professor for Cognitive Robotics, AI, and Tactile Intelligence at Donders Institute for Brain and Cognition. I'm also leading the Robotic Tactile Intelligence Group (RoboTac Lab). I enjoy research at the intersection of Robotics, Interactive Perception, Machine Learning, and Control applied to problems in Mobile Robotic, Robotic Grasping and Manipulation, and Human-Robot interaction and collaboration.
I am also a lead and PI in robotics, AI, and Intelligent driver assistance at the BMW Group.
Previously, I was a group leader in tactile robotic and postdoctoral research fellow at the Institute for Advanced Studies (IAS), the Technical University of Munich (TUM), Germany from September 2017 till August 2018. I received my Ph.D. degree with the highest distinction (summa cum laude) in robotics and machine learning focusing on tactile perception and learning in robotics from TUM in 2017. I was awarded the best European Ph.D. thesis award in robotics, Georges Giralt Ph.D. Award (finalist). In April 2013, I received a three-year Marie Curie scholarship to pursue my Ph.D.
Link to my RoboTac Lab Webpage : https://www.robotact.de
- Active Visuo-Tactile Interactive Robotic Perception for Accurate Object Pose Estimation in Dense Clutter P. K. Murali, A. Dutta, M. Gentner, E. Burdet, R. Dahiya and Mohsen Kaboli IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 4686-4693, April 2022, doi: 10.1109/LRA.2022.3150045. Volledige tekst
- Active Visuo-Tactile Point Cloud Registration for Accurate Pose Estimation of Objects in an Unknown Workspace P. K. Murali, M. Gentner and Mohsen Kaboli IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2021, pp. 2838-2844, doi: 10.1109/IROS51168.2021.9636877. Volledige tekst
- Tactile-based active object discrimination and target object search in an unknown workspace Mohsen Kaboli, K Yao, D Feng, G Cheng Autonomous Robots 43 (1), 123-152, 2019 Volledige tekst
- Robust tactile descriptors for discriminating objects from textural properties via artificial robotic skin M Kaboli, G Cheng IEEE Transactions on Robotics 34 (4), 985-1003, 2018 Volledige tekst
- A Tactile-based Framework for Active Object Learning and Discrimination using Multi-modal Robotic Skin, Mohsen Kaboli, D Feng, K Yao, P Lanillos, G Cheng, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 2 (4), 2143-2150,2017 Volledige tekst
Onderzoeksbeurzen en -prijzen
- 2019 - The Best European Ph.D. thesis award in Robotics, George Giralt PhD award, Finalist
- 2019 - Elevated to the IEEE Senior Member Meer informatie
- 2017 - Hans Fischer Postdoctoral Fellowship, Institute for Advance Study, Technical University of Munich
- 2013 - Marie Curie Doctoral Fellowship
- 2011 - Research Scholarship Swiss National Foundation (SNF)
In de media
- 24 november 2022 - Link RoboTac Lab Meer informatie