dr. A. Kim (Arie)
Postdoc - Donders Centre for Neuroscience – Neurophysics
Postdoc - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
Interne postcode: 33
Interne adressering: 33
6500 GL NIJMEGEN
Social learning is when an animal learns to associate a place or situation with an emotion not by direct experience but by empathizing with somebody else's experience. Think of a time when you spent time in an airport for the first time and your parents were either stressed, or happy.
I am now studying the cortical network during social emotional learning.
During my PhD in Institute for Basic Science, South Korea, I studied the molecular cellular mechanism of observational fear in freely moving mice. I am familiar with mouse behavior and genetics, viral vector injection, optogenetics, in vivo electrophysiology, and two-photon calcium imaging.
I would be happy to discuss my experience in living in the Netherlands as a Korean, being a postdoc in academia, or living in the US, if you are looking for perspectives.
- Neuron. 2018. Sehoon Keum*, Arie Kim*, Jae Jin Shin, Jong-Hyun Kim, Joomin Park, Hee-Sup Shin. "A Missense Variant at the Nrxn3 Locus Enhances Empathy Fear in the Mouse" Volledige tekst
- Genes, Brain, and Behaviour. 2015. S. Keum,J. Park,A. Kim,J. Park,K. K. Kim,J. Jeong,H.-S. Shin. "Variability in empathic fear response among 11 inbred strains of mice" Volledige tekst
- Genes, Brain and Behavior. 2018. Arie Kim, Sehoon Keum, Hee‐Sup Shin. "Observational fear behavior in rodents as a model for empathy" Volledige tekst
- Neuron. 2022. Joungha Won, Yuriy Pankratov, Minwoo Wendy Jang, Sunpil Kim, Yeon Ha Ju, Sangkyu Lee, Seung Eun Lee, Arie Kim, Soowon Park, C Justin Lee, Won Do Heo. "Opto-vTrap, an optogenetic trap for reversible inhibition of vesicular release, synaptic transmission, and behavior" Volledige tekst
- 2021 - Cortical network dynamics during social emotional learning