dr. P.H.M. Klaren (Peter)
Universitair hoofddocent - Animal Ecology & Physiology
6525 AJ NIJMEGEN
Interne postcode: 30
6500 GL NIJMEGEN
Throughout my career, animal physiology and endocrinology, and, more specifically, biological transport processes and enzyme kinetics have been a major theme of my work. My current research activities are on the role of the thyroid gland and thyroid hormones in fish physiology, and the elucidation of the thyroid system in fish. Besides the thyroid gland, the digestive tract is a favourite organ system. I am a fundamental scientist who believes new and novel concepts can be learned by studying successful vertebrates such as fish. Aquaculture, aquatic toxicology, and human disease models are important contexts of my research.
- 2022 - University Education award, Radboud University.
- 2021 - Best Senior Teacher award, Faculty of Science, Radboud University.
- 2021 - Biology Education Prize, Biosciences Education Institute, Faculty of Science, Radboud University.
- 2020 - Nomination for Best Senior Teacher award, Faculty of Science, Radboud University.
- 2012 - Students’ award “Most Significant Course” for my Statistics II course (3rd year bachelor curriculum Biosciences), Radboud University.