dr. P.H.M. Klaren (Peter)
Universitair docent - Animal Ecology & Physiology
Throughout my career, animal physiology and endocrinology, and, more specifically, biological transport processes and enzyme kinetics have been a major theme of my work. My current research activities are on the role of the thyroid gland and thyroid hormones in fish physiology, and the elucidation of the thyroid system in fish. Besides the thyroid gland, the digestive tract is a favourite organ system. I am a fundamental scientist who believes new and novel concepts can be learned by studying successful vertebrates such as fish. Aquaculture, aquatic toxicology, and human disease models are important contexts of my research.
- 2021 - Recipient of the Best Senior Teacher award, Faculty of Science, Radboud University.
- 2021 - Biology Education Prize, Biosciences Education Institute, Faculty of Science, Radboud University.
- 2020 - Nomination for Best Senior Teacher award, Faculty of Science, Radboud University.
- 2020 - Nomination for the Molecular Sciences trophy, Molecular Life Science students association, Faculty of Science, Radboud University.
- 2012 - Students’ award “Most Significant Course” for my Statistics II course (3rd year bachelor curriculum Biosciences), Radboud University.
- Adaptation Physiology of Animals
- Additional Internship and Report
- Bachelor Internship and Report
- Biology Essay
- Internship Bachelor Biology
- MSc Human Biology internship
- Master (Medical) Biology SMI/SIS internship
- Master (Medical) Biology education internship
- Master (Medical) Biology research internship 1
- Master (Medical) Biology research internship 2
- Master Thesis (TWM)
- Research Proposal
- Review Article
- Second Internship
- Statistics 1
- Statistics 2
- Third Internship