dr. N. Kohn (Nils)
Associate Principal Investigator - Donders Center of Medical Neurosciences
Associate Principal Investigator - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
Postdoc - Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour
My work is located within the Cognitive Neuroscience Department of the Radboud University Medical Centre and the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour and consists of a range of studies on affective processing, its influences on cognitive and mnemonic processes and its interrelation with motivational aspects. My major focus in these fields is related to questions on how our emotions are consciously or unconsciously regulated, which motivational and physiological factors have an influence and whether regulatory principles transfer to other domains of human functioning, such as memory and executive functioning.
To investigate these constructs, I mainly use neuroimaging and psychophysiological measures in my research. Currently, important topics of interest to me are how emotion regulation and cognitive control are implemented in the large-scale network structure of the brain and how this relates to nutrition, glucose metabolism, gut-brain interactions and stress. These current research foci are applied or planned to be applied in psychiatric, public health and educational contexts.
I am Specialization coordinator of the Medical Neuroscience Specialization of the BMS master and coordinator and teaching in many modules of the CNS and BMS master and bachelor programs.
- Kohn N, Scheller M, Eickhoff S, Habel U (2014). Neural network of cognitive emotion regulation: A ALE meta-analysis and MACM analysis. Neuroimage. 87; 345-55 Volledige tekst
- Kohn N, Hermans E, Fernandez G (2017). Cognitive benefit and cost of acute stress is differentially modulated by individual brain state. Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience; nsx043. Volledige tekst
- Kohn N, Toygar T, Berthold-Losleben M, Orfanos S, Vocke S, Wassenberg A, Chechko N, Karges W, Schneider F, Habel, U (2015). In a sweet mood: Interaction of neural and behavioural correlates of emotion processing with blood glucose levels. NeuroImage.
- Clemens B, Wagels L, Bauchmüller M, Bergs R, Habel U, Kohn N (2017). Alerted default mode: functional connectivity changes in the aftermath of social stress. Scientific Reports; 7, 40180. Volledige tekst
- Morawetz, C., Riedel, M. C., Salo, T., Berboth, S., Eickhoff, S., Laird, A. R., & Kohn, N. (2020). Multiple large-scale neural networks underlying emotion regulation. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews.
- Internship Bachelor Biology
- MSc Human Biology internship
- Master (Medical) Biology SMI/SIS internship
- Master (Medical) Biology education internship
- Master (Medical) Biology research internship 1
- Master (Medical) Biology research internship 2
- Master Thesis (TWM)
- Neuroimaging I
- Research Proposal
- Review Article